Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's okay to be scared

When I started to lose weight I was scared I would never get there. Everything I did was hard. I could not run a mile, because it felt like my legs would give out and my lungs would collapse. I tried Insanity but never made it past the third day because I made all these excuses. Sometimes I would even blame my health on my husband. He did not support me enough, he talked me into eating out or drinking a margarita, he did this and didnt do that. It was easier to do that then blame my weight and health on myself. The truth was I had tons of support. My husband always encourages me to go to the gym, go for a run, and makes sure that I reward myself. ANYTHING I have ever needed he has made sure to get me. I know a real knight and shining armor right!! My friends are also a huge support. I will text them all week long to check on them, as they check on me. We always offer each other advice and encouragement, but really it's just nice to know there is somebody out there struggling like me. Off subject, I have always been scared of what I can accomplish because I am scared to fail. The first step to overcoming that was getting my trainers license. I had to put forth the effort, and do the internship. (my husband helped get me an internship to!). I nailed it. Then I did a little bootcamp and trained my sisters. I was so happy with the results. I did not care if 1,2,or 20 people were working out with me, I just wanted them to see results. When my fall semester started I stopped training and started gaining back my weight. In October I was full on in depressed mode. Scared about out financial situation, my job, and our little family, eating was all I knew to do. In Jan. I decided it was going to be a new and better year. I started working out and eating better, and since the 1st I have lost a little over 11 pounds, but 25 since I started documenting it in November. Lesson= you can not be scared to try because what you could accomplish could be something greater then you expected. I feel great, I look great, and I am just amazed with the fact that with a job, school, two kids, and very busy family schedule I am able to accomplish my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment