Friday, November 4, 2011

Hiking

Sooo our little "fit club" group had our first outing today. We decided our name is melt. When we got to turner falls Oklahoma we were so excited to hike. We started at the castle and took some funny pictures. Then we decided to hike the falls mountain. We got lost. Ran into a snake. Found the trail. Laughed our asses off. Overcame obstacles. Walked a few miles out of the way on a horse trail. Yelled from a mountain. At some food. Laughed some more. Turned around for a coyote head deep in a deer. Oh and got pulled over going 11 over and got a warning. None of those are in order. Basically it was a fantastic day with the ladies.

We then came up with a great idea that I hope pans out. We want to walk across Texas to raise money for St. Judes childrens hospital. We are going to make a mission statement and write a letter to Ellen or racheal ray or all of the above to raise money and awareness. And we have ideas to raise money on our own as well. It is still in the planning stage so like I said I hope it pans out.

Our next fun trip is to Amarillo to hike the united states second largest canyon. We thought about camping but we will see! It's so much fun planning and doing this kind of stuff. I really hope we can keep doing things like this!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome!!! I love Turner Falls!!! I need to take Chloe out there one day for some hiking. I know she would love it. Great idea girl. Keep me posted on the Walking Across Texas!

    ReplyDelete