Sunday, April 17, 2011

Victim or Attacker?

My weigh in did not go as I hoped it would. I gained .8 pounds for a nice 157.4. When I see a pound gain on the scale my reaction is to play the victim. I get upset, all though I know what I did wrong. I ate way more calories, I drank a few cokes, oh and it was super windy so I did not run outside. Excuse after excuse comes from my mouth until I feel like my gain is justified. This morning I was thinking of my weight goal and how hard it has seemed to reach it. My friends are droppng weight left and right (and I am so happy for them)and I am a flippin personaly trainer. I am designed not to give up right? I can train anyone I have realized besides myself. I am one of those people that need change in my workout. Going to the gym everyday is not going to cut it for me. I LOVE being outside running, walking with my family, and bike riding.

Back to the point. I realized this morning that I am the attacker not the victim. I wait for any excuse to rise to eat bad or not work out. Yes I am super busy but I know I could take 30 minutes out of my day for a little exercise. I know that I could keep better track of what I eat. I just choose not to and then cry about it when I dont see the results I wanted.

I know some people that do this to themselves. I am in the same boat. But I am lucky because I realized this morning that I can not rely on my friends or family to keep me motivated or even exercise with me. I have to be willing and ready to do it on my own. Until that point I will never be where I want.

I have 26 days until my graduation and I want to look and feel better then I ever have. My goal is 7.4 pounds. I think I can do it!! So I am pledging to everyone one that by May 13 I will have lost 7.4 pounds or will have tried my hardest to get to that point.

Pledge to yourself if that is what it takes. If you have a great support system USE them. They want to be used, they want to know you accomplishments. Make rewards for yourself along the way to encourage you to keep going even if it is just a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment